The Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation, a sub-agency of the Virginia Department of Education, will offer Agents of Change on October 12-14, 2018 at the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown. Agents of Change is a free leadership program for selected Virginia teachers and high school age students that will:
Provide high school teachers with a framework for facilitating a student-led service- learning project in their community.
- Support the new Virginia History and Social Studies SOL focus on skill development.
- Incorporate critical thinking, creative thinking, communication, collaboration and citizenship.
Funding for “Agents of Change” is possible through generous donor support, and full scholarships include:
- Overnight accommodations
- Travel stipend
- Conference program
Participating teachers will be required to:
- Attend with four students from their high school or service group.
- Assist students in development of a project that impacts their community.
- Collaborate with students and teachers attending the conference.
- Provide short periodic program assessment and follow-up on the conference and their projects.
Teachers must submit a brief application at https://www.historyisfun.org/agents-of-change/ Teachers will also need to submit a brief letter of support from their principal/administrator.
Application deadline extended through May 2018. FLyer Revised 4.4.18