Recently Governor Northam announced the appointment of City of Norfolk Sheriff Sheriff Baron to the Opioid Abatement Authority. Sheriff Baron joins the Authority, which was recently created to administer the Opioid Abatement Fund, to provide grants and loans to Virginia agencies and certain localities for the purpose of treating, preventing, and reducing opioid use disorder and the misuse of opioids in the Commonwealth.
Opioid Abatement Authority
- Joseph P. Baron of Norfolk, Sheriff, City of Norfolk
- Sharon H. Buckman of Franklin, Director of Clinical Services, Piedmont Community Services
- The Honorable James Holland of North Chesterfield, Chair, County Board of Supervisors, Chesterfield
- Victor McKenzie Jr. of Richmond, Executive Director, Substance Abuse and Addiction Recovery Alliance of Virginia
- Sarah T. Melton, PharmD, BCPP, of Bristol, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Gatton College of Pharmacy, East Tennessee State University
- Timothy R. Spencer of Roanoke, City Attorney, City of Roanoke
- James Thompson of Midlothian, Founder and Chief Medical Officer, Master Center for Addiction Medicine
- Daryl Washington, LCSW of Fairfax, Executive Director, Community Services Board, Fairfax-Falls Church
Read the Governor’s press release in full here.