Culpeper County Sheriff’s Office Receives CALEA® Award for National Law Enforcement Accreditation
On Saturday, November 15, 2019, under the leadership of Sheriff Scott H. Jenkins, the Culpeper County Sheriff’s Office received its First CALEA® Award for National Law Enforcement Accreditation.
By receiving this award, Culpeper County Sheriff’s Office became the 4th Sheriff’s Office in the Commonwealth of Virginia to receive the CALEA® National Law Enforcement Accreditation Award, along with the City of Alexandria, the City of Hampton, and Hanover County.
The Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. Accreditation (CALEA®) programs provide public safety agencies with an opportunity to voluntarily meet an established set of professional standards, which require:
- Comprehensive and uniform written directives that clearly define authority, performance, and responsibilities
- Reports and analyses to make fact-based and informed management decisions
- Preparedness to address natural or man-made critical incidents
- Community relationship-building and maintenance
- Independent review by subject matter experts
- Continuous pursuit of excellence through annual reviews and other assessment measures
To find out more about CALEA®, visit: https://www.calea.org/